UTIA provides training for approximately 70 doctoral students in cooperation with the universities below. The Institute has achieved a joint accreditation license for organizing post-graduate study programs with the following faculties:
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, programmes: Computer science, Software systems, Probability and mathematical statistics, Econometrics and Operations research (courses)
- Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering, Czech Technical University, Prague, programme: Applications of Science (courses)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University, Prague, programme: Artificial intelligence and biocybernetics within the programme Electrical Engineering and Informatics (courses)
- Faculty of Management, University of Economics, Jindřichův Hradec, programme: Management (courses)
- Faculty of Transportation Sciences, Czech Technical University, Prague, programme: (courses)
- Faculty of Information Technology, Czech Technical University, Prague, programme: Information Technology (courses)
Doctoral studies at the Institute have been developing quickly as a promising direction of mutually advantageous cooperation between the Academy of Sciences and various universities. All students interested in taking their doctoral studies at the Institute of Information Theory and Automation are encouraged to contact the representatives of the Institute; they will be provided with more detailed information and answers to their questions concerning such studies.
UTIA is also active on the highest level of scientific education. It was a seat of the Committee for the defence of DSc. Theses in Computer Science and Cybernetics during years 2003-2011. The DSc. (Doctor of Science) degree is the highest scientific degree praised by the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic since 2003.